Fishing reels are like everything else in life, you want the best but can’t always afford the best. For spinning reels, you can get a really good one that will last you for many years for cheap. How about for under $30? This list will give you my Top 5 Picks for best spinning reels under $30.
Spinning reels are ideal for light lure and live bait fishing. These reels are used for all types of fishing techniques because of their easy casting ability and simplicity of operation. Widely known for failsafe operation and tend to outlast your other reel types.
The Best Spinning Reels list focuses on the all-around sizes that everyone should have for small to medium size fish. The 2000-3000 reel size will handle all your general fishing where line size from 6 to 15 pounds is needed. From Bass to Bluegill, this is the spinning reel frame you need to have. Now to the list.
The KastKing Centron Spinning Reel is loaded with quality features. It is a fishing reel that is an excellent addition to your fishing tackle collection. 9 + 1 quality ball bearings, powerful drag, and special components stand up to hard use. Spool up a Summer/Centron spinning reel with KastKing braided line for a high-performance package.
- Two colors anodized aluminum spool
- Attractive brilliant finish
- Lightweight compact design for effortless casting
- High tensile strength graphite frame resists corrosion
- Superior drag system for intensive drag power
- A precision pinion gear system
- Unique design handle. Right / Left interchangeable
- Price $26.98
A very affordable and reliable spinning reel that is rated for both fresh and saltwater use and delivers easy casting and smooth cranking performance at a superb value. Featuring Quick Fire II technology allowing for super easy and fast one-handed casting which is perfect for beginners to open-faced reels and a favorite of experienced anglers. The spool, rotor, side plates, and frame are all constructed of lightweight graphite which reduces overall weight while maintaining strength and durability. A self-center line and trigger provide an easy grasp for the angler’s index finger while the reversible design allows for right and left-hand action.
- Max Drag: 7 lbs. / Gear Ratio: 4.1:1. / Weight: 8.4 oz. / Line Retrieve: 19″ – PowerPro Line Cap: 10/95,15/85,20/65 – Mono Line Cap: 2/270,4/140,6/110
- Spinning reel rear drag with graphite frame
- Graphite side plates
- Quick Fire II for easy and fast one-handed casts
- Rear drag is approved for use in saltwater
- Corrosion resistant
- Price $18.99
- Exquisite Appearance – The matte black body paired with a red aluminum spool, perfectly indicates its name Flame. You will be flattered by having these sharp and modern spinning fishing reels with a unique hollow body, X shape spool, and personalized handle. Far more advanced feeling than other fishing reels at its price
- Lightweight – Thanks to the relatively narrow hollow graphite body and the lightweight gears, the Piscifun Flame spinning reels light to 8.5oz, making you enjoy the ultimate fishing trips
- Incredible Smooth – 9 quality ball bearings plus one roller bearing paired with precision gears engagement, you will enjoy the buttery smooth performance on the Flame
- Pure Power – Piscifun Flame fishing reels offer incredible drag power up to 19.8Lb. Plenty of great features have been given to this spin reel, the reinforced metal main shaft, high-quality drive gear, precisely machined brass pinion gear, and triple drag washers, make you easily fight with the giants
- Braid Ready Spool – Only available on high-end spinning reels braid ready spool makes the Piscifun Flame a super value reel. Piscifun is continuously providing the most cost-effective products for you anglers
- Price: $24.99
The Shimano Sienna FE Spinning Reel features some key upgrades and improvements. Most notably, its new M-Compact Body moves the oscillation gear closer to the rod, which greatly improves the balance of the reel and also reduces angler fatigue. The Sienna’s Propulsion Line Management System provides longer casts as well while reducing line management issues for overall easier casting and handling. The Super Stopper II offers instant anti-reverse with no back play, and the Dyna-Balance rotor ensures super smooth rotation. Packed with a host of Shimano’s advanced spinning reel technologies, the Shimano Sienna FE Spinning Reel still comes in at a very affordable price.
- Dyna-balance eliminates Wobble during the retrieve
- Features m-compact body
- Increased balanced feel
- Propulsion line management System for longer casts and reduced backlash
- Super Stopper II for instant Anti-Reverse with no back play
- Price: $29.99
- Superior Toughness & Lightweight – Featuring a lightweight and durable graphite frame and CNC aluminum spool for long-lasting performance and ultra-sensitivity.
- Powerful Drag – 3-layer woven drag system gives you best-in-class drag power up to 26.5 lbs. It is equipped with a 5.2:1 precision brass gear ratio. The aluminum handle and EVA knob provide consistent, smooth and stable performance.
- Smooth and Effortless Retrieval – The M1 spinning reel features a 9+1 bearing system with stainless steel ball bearings, delivering the smoothest drag pressure for unsurpassed control in the fight. The instant anti-reverse function can help to better hook the species.
- Premium Performance & Reliability – Premium construction with a precision-machined brass gear for an exceptional performance.
- Versatile Freshwater Sizes – M1 spinning reels are now available in 5 sizes from 500 to 5000, and the handle is easily interchangeable right or left, perfect for all freshwater species.
Pair any of these reels with a quality fishing rod and you’ll be set for many years of fishing.